EWP Training Sydney
Uphire offers training for the EWP Operator Licence to our customers.
Our onsite facility allows for competency based training on the equipment you will be using.
Uphire’s trainers are accredited by the Elevating Work Platform Association of Australia (EWPA), and extensively experienced in EWP Operation and Training Delivery.
We run two courses each week and if you have a minimum of 4-6 participants we can book training just for your team.
Please contact us to book a place in a training program, or call 1300 UPHIRE (87 44 73) to discuss your team’s training requirements.
More About Yellow Card Training:
THE EWPA YELLOW CARD came into effect on 1 July 2013. The new course is nationally recognised training and provides detailed training on the safe use of elevating work platforms.
The training is broken into 5 modules:
- (SL) Scissor Lift
- (VL) Vertical Lift
- (BL) Boom Lift
- (TL) Trailer Lift
- (TM) Truck Mount
YelIow Card training is tailored specifically to the equipment you are being trained in and operate. For example to obtain a Yellow Card for scissor lift and boom lift you must complete not only these modules in the theory training but also must operate both units in the practical section.
The course provides duty of care training to help you to comply with the Workplace Health & Safety Act 2011. It assists you to provide a safer working environment for all employees and contractors, which helps you to avoid accidents on your worksite and damage to your equipment.
Participants will gain theoretical knowledge and practical skills in:
- Hazard identification, risk assessment and controls
- Fall arrest harness inspection, fitting and use
- Identify safe operating parameters using data plate and manual
- Conduct pre and post operational checks
- Operation of EWP
- Emergency procedures
- Theory assessment and practical observation and demonstration
The Yellow Card training course takes 3-5 hours, depending upon group size and prior knowledge and experience.
Training and Licensing Information
The HRW (WP) licence is required to operate boom lifts above 11 metres. This certification DOES NOT cover the operation of scissor or vertical lifts.
What Training or License do I Require?
- Scissor Lift – Yellow Card covers all size scissor lifts (electric and diesel)
- Vertical Lift – Yellow Card covers all size vertical lifts
- Boom Lift – Yellow Card covers boom lifts up to 11 metre platform height (electric and diesel)
- Boom Lift – HRW (WP) License covers boom lifts above 11 metre platform height (electric and diesel)
Please be aware that Telehandler Licensing requirements vary by State, weight and slewing capacity of the equipment being used. Refer to the link below for a guide to requirements. For specific requests please check with your State Regulator.
Uphire is a fully accredited member of the Elevating Work Platform Association of Australia, the Telescopic Handler Association of Australia and the Hire and Rental Industry Association.