WORK HEALTH AND SAFETY POLICY
Uphire recognises its moral and legal responsibility to provide a safe and healthy work environment for workers, contractors and employees of contractors, clients and visitors to site. This commitment extends to ensuring that operations do not place the local community at risk of injury, illness or property damage.
Our WHS objective is to actively work towards elimination of injuries and fatalities. Our target is to remain injury and incident free.
Management are committed to:
- Integrating WHS into all aspects of Uphire operations
- Compliance with legislative requirements, current industry standards and co-operation with Regulatory bodies, as far as is reasonable.
- Exceeding legislative requirements and aiming for best practice systems of work.
- Providing measurable targets to ensure continued improvement reflected in accountability/key performance indicators at all levels.
- Provision and maintenance of a work environment that is safe and without risks to health.
- Consultation with employees and other parties to improve decision-making on WHS and environmental matters.
- Consultation with clients to ensure observation of the WHS policies at client workplaces.
- Development, implementation and review of written safe work procedures.
- Distribution and communication of safety information and safe work procedures.
- Information, training and supervision to workers contractors, clients and visitors to ensure safety.
- Support and assist employees in effective injury management and rehabilitation.
- Review and assessment of WHS policies.
Employees are expected to:
- Take reasonable care for the health and safety of themselves and others at work.
- Co-operate with Uphire to enable compliance with WHS legal obligations.
- Participate in consultative arrangements.
- Assist management to meet WHS targets/key performance indicators.
- Participate in return to work programs.
ANTI-DISCRIMINATION AND EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY POLICY
Discrimination is unlawful under State and Federal legislation and Uphire is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and to putting procedures into place to effectively deal with complaints of discrimination.
Uphire will meet its obligations under the legislation to ensure that no persons are discriminated against because of the following:
- Marital or parental status
- Political belief or activity
- Trade union/industrial activity
- Lawful sexual activity
- Pregnancy or breastfeeding
- Physical features
- Direct or indirect discrimination against someone who is associated with any of the above
Uphire will not tolerate unfavourable treatment because of a protected personal characteristic including:
- Refusing employment
- Setting unfair terms of employment
- Denying or limiting access to promotion, transfer, performance bonus pay, training or any other benefits
- Sacking, retrenchment or demotion
- Unreasonable workplace policies/practices that are difficult for an employee to comply with because of their personal characteristic compared to other workers
Uphire will ensure prompt action, observe the principles of natural justice, is taken if any worker feels they have been discriminated against.
Non-compliance with this policy will result in disciplinary action and workers may be legally liable for breaches of State and Federal Anti-discrimination/Equal Opportunity laws.
Uphire is committed to conducting our business in an environmentally aware and responsible manner. We seek the co-operation of our workers and business partners in ensuring our organisational practices are conducted with minimal environmental impact.
To work with workers, contractors, visitors and business partners to achieve compatibility between economic development and the maintenance of the environment to minimise harm.
Uphire will endeavour to minimise impact on the following:
- Atmospheric emissions
- Site contamination and spills
- Noise Emission
- Damage to flora and fauna
- Storm water management
- Unnecessary energy consumption
To fulfil this commitment, Uphire, will observe all environment laws and promote environmental awareness among all workers to increase understanding of environmental matters.
Uphire uses an extensive system of polices and procedures encompassing Workplace Health, Safety, Environment and Employee Relations.
For further information about the above policies or other Uphire procedures, please contact us.